Thursday, 1 September 2011

Wow 2 Weeks.

I knew i'd been busy and forgotten to upload anything on here but wow I didn't realise it had been that long.

Ok, so what have I been doing for the last 2 weeks.

Well, first of all i've carried on with the development of Atomizer Meltdown. Puzzle Mode is about 60% done (and the other 40% is just making levels and testing it all), Meltdown Mode is working and instructions are now included in game. I'm still very focused on the project but obviously i'm still distracted by life and other ideas which come to mind.

Speaking of which, more recently I've also started working on a prototype of another idea I had for a more casual story driven puzzle game which is currently called "The Emperor's Puzzlebox". The story is based around an impatient Prince who is desperate to take over the role of Emperor from his father.

Before he can do this however, he must first solve the Puzzlebox given to him by the Emperor. As the player completes the puzzles within the box, a new piece of the story is given as a reward meaning that as you progress, not only do you feel the Prince's success and often frustration and you solve the puzzles too. But you also find yourself desperate to solve the puzzles to hear how the story progresses.

For now i'll leave you with a little taster of some of the artwork for the Puzzlebox game and you can let me know what you think of it.

- Nutter

1 comment: